Friday 13 September 2013

TO BOLDY BID . . . . . . . .


I've always loved Star Trek, for me it's the perfect blend of drama and science fiction and Deep Space Nine balanced the two perfectly. 

DS9 was my first proper introduction into Star Trek, I had watched random episodes of TOS & TNG but never whole seasons. Then something interesting happened, my local video store started stocking tapes of DS9 episodes and the best thing was that these tapes were in season order!! Each tape contained two episodes from that particular season and my video store got every single one!

I devoured these tapes, every weekend I would take advantage of the 5 for $10 deal and sock up on DS9. After DS9 came Voyager, which I also loved but never as much as DS9.

So while I was logging my DVD collection the other day, I came to my Star Trek series sets, which currently consists of TNG 1, 2, 3, DS9 1 & Voyager 1, 2. After entering these into the database, I got this urge to complete my sets. 

I have always wanted to get the complete sets of these series but it was just one of those things that every time I was out shopping there were better things to buy. But the other day while checking out eBay, I came across an auction for the entire DS9 series in the original plastic cases. The seller wanted $100 for the whole set 'buy it now' which I had to read twice at first.

To put this into a bit of perspective, there was another auction I was following for the entire Voyager series in the plastic cases and that sold for over $200!

So after a quick review of the sellers feedback I decided to jump on this deal and hit the buy it now button. A few short days later and I now own every episode of DS9 and I couldn't be happier. 

Now to re-visit this classic series, I might post a few random episode reviews here. Let me know if there are any episodes you guys want me to review. 




No comments:

Post a Comment